Although donuts are American (or doughnuts in England), they are very popular in shops and fast food restaurants (and at fairgrounds!) Here are some recipes to make your own, or buy baked plant-based versions. Lemon Lavender Doughnuts (Short Girl, Tall Order) use a homemade sugar, and top with a zesty lemon glaze. So pretty!
Keep these donuts (and fresh dough) away from furry friends, they contain chocolate and other pet-toxic ingredients like nuts. Never use xylitol near pets – even a dropped crumb could cause a medical emergency
Easy Baked Strawberry Donuts (Minimalist Baker) are a great way to use up leftover produce.
Vegan Gingerbread Donuts (Rainbow Nourishments) make a nice Christmas or winter treat. They are baked and free from refined sugar, topped with a cinnamon sugar or thick maple icing.
Baked Apple Cider Donuts (Crowded Kitchen) are light and fluffy, with a crunchy topping of cinnamon sugar. Easy to make with a gluten-free option, these are nice for autumn.
Baked Jammy Doughnuts (So Vegan) are bound with a chia egg. You can use raspberry jam, or swap it up with different flavoured jams.
Air-Fryer Donuts (Rainbow Nourishments) are a nice alternative to fried jammy donuts. Use with an air-fryer. No need for splashing hot oil in a frying pan. Much safer!
Where to Buy Vegan Donuts
Nummy is a company that makes yummy vegan donuts from premium natural ingredients. Handmade from scratch in a branded eco letterbox gift, receive 6 donuts in one box, and they will keep in the fridge for a few days. No palm oil. Choose from:
- Coconut with white chocolate glaze, toasted coconut chips and blue cornflower petals
- Raspberry and white chocolate donuts, with pretty pink hue, sprinkled with freezer-dried raspberries
- Pink donuts are covered in dark and white chocolate, and sprinkled with rose petals and raspberries
- Pastel Pink Donuts covered with white chocolate, sweetened with maple syrup and naturally coloured with beetroot powder, sprinkled with pink dried rose petals
- Chocolate Orange Donuts have a subtle orange date with smooth chocolate glaze, sprinkled with calendula petals and a slice of orange.
Ruby’s of London Vegan Donuts
Ruby’s of London luxury donuts are made by hand by an artisan baker, and delivered city-wide. Ideal for special occasions, choose from a range of flavours and boxes. Here
A Book of Vegan Donut Recipes
The Vegan Baked Donut Cookbook offers recipes for baked versions of cake and yeasted donuts, plus glazesd, sugared, stuffed and savoury versions. Includes dietary considerations like avoiding gluten and nuts, with recipes being made in standard or mini donut pans, or adapted for a mini donut machine. Recipes include:
- Strawberry Shortcake
- London Fog
- Chai Latte
- Vanilla Glazed
- Coffee Caramel
- Beignets with Chocolate Dipping Sauce