A Smoothie Bowl for Breakfast
5 Minute Smoothie Bowl (Minimalist Baker)
A smoothie bowl for breakfast is an alternative way to start your day. It’s chunkier and more filling than a smoothie, but simpler to make than porridge, and a great way to get fresh fruit into your system. You can also add sweet ingredients to make dessert smoothie bowls.
Check medications for foods to avoid (green leaves, grapefruit). Use pasteurised juice if pregnant/nursing or ill (avoid papaya/melon in pregnancy/nursing as may have unsafe bacteria) Everyone should remove fruit seeds (cyanide!) and rhubarb leaves.
- Wash hands for 20 seconds with soap/warm water
- Cut away bruised/damaged areas
- Remove outer leaves of lettuce or cabbage
- Rinse produce before you peel
- Gently run produce under cold running water
- Use a clean veggie brush to scrub firm items
- Dry with reusable paper towel
- Store perishable produce at/below 40 degrees in fridge.
Tips to Make a Smoothie Bowl
- Pour a large glass of plant milk into your blender
- Add a banana to make it thicker
- Add around 200g of frozen fruits
- Sweeten with a little maple syrup
- Pour into a bowl and add your toppings
- Drizzle with peanut butter or maple syrup