Our Wild World is a beautiful book to take us on a tour of the wildlife that share our world: from the birds and bees to the bogs and icy lands. Learn about migration and pollination, then about how reducing our carbon footprint can help to create a more sustainable world.
Learning about our wild world is not just for children or fans of TV nature documentaries. It’s a lifelong necessary knowledge for our survive. We need to open our eyes and minds to the challenges that face us. They key is to find a our balance between our needs, and the future of our precious planet, and all its inhabitants.
- Why we must care about our natural world?
- Learn about the value of spiders and wasps
- Should we be worried by GM foods and wind farms?
- What is biodiversity?
- Are global warming and climate change the same thing?
- What happened to the hole in the ozone layer?
- Why are carbon sinks so important?
- How does a virus become a pandemic?
About the Author
Éanna Ní Lamhna is an Irish biologist, environmental consultant and president of Ireland’s version of the National Trust. She has a degree in Botany and Microbiology and is a long-standing expert on RTÉ’s wildlife programme ‘Mooney goes Wild’.