England’s Most Ethical Broadband Companies
Ecoisa plants trees for each time you search.
England’s most ethical broadband companies are ideal, if you work online. You either use a router (for better reception and no so affected by weather or busy beings elsewhere) or Wi-Fi (better for mobile work and less contracts). You can use a Router with Internet TV if you like to watch subscription channels like BritBox or Acorn TV (you could give up your TV license if that’s what you watch). If you use WiFi, you can’t use Internet TV (bar using a scart lead).
If it’s time to switch your broadband, which one do you choose? It’s entirely up to you, but here are few of the greener and more ethical options: Also see how to simplify your computer.
- Green ISP & Green Net are two main green broadband providers. They both offer broadband for personal and business use, with green energy and carbon offsets.
- The Phone Coop is the UK’s only co-operative telecoms supply. It can sign you up from £22 a month, and guarantees not to whack the price up, when you leave the contract.
- BT is the best choice for WiFi, with good customer service, if you don’t have a router or travel for work.
Help a Cause, As You Search the Web
You can download one of these alternative search engines (most work with Chrome) and sponsors pay your chosen cause, for every search. So it’s a great way to raise money for your favourite charities:
- Everyclick raises money for your local small charity or school. Just sign it up, and you’re away. If a whole community does this, you could raise thousands of pounds in a very short while for your local animal shelter, homeless hostel, medical equipment for the hospital.
- Lilo gives to good causes including protecting turtles, the Amazon rainforest and helping disadvantaged children in your local area.
- Give Water & Elliot for Water help bring clean water to those in need.
- Ekoru helps to clean up our oceans
Download free Adblock Plus to get rid of all online ads. This works, you’ll never go back. Also download a Chrome extension to remove sidebar videos (so if you watch something online, you won’t see upsetting videos in the sidebar). And switch to a quick modern browser: one that doesn’t track or try to sell you stuff is Brave.