All images from Illustrated Enneagram
Enneagram theory is quite fascinating, and can help you completely change your life. You can use the knowledge of discovering your type to find out how your own emotions work. Then use the knowledge to know what makes you tick, what (and who!) to avoid and carve out the best career choices for you, rather than what others tell you.
This test is ideal for people who spend their lives making dumb decisions, flailing around not knowing who they are or what they want to do. Just making a few good decisions based on the real knowledge of who you are, means you live a life that’s authentic to you, and find things you excel at. If everyone did this, we would have the nurturers being nurses and healers, the quiet ‘doers’ solving political problems, and the hapless performers that often go into politics, could do what they really loved, singing or acting on the stage! Life would blend a lot better, and we’d all be happier too. Each of the 9 types centres around one emotion:
Heart Types are emotional:
- The Giver wants to help and be liked. Has trouble saying no.
- The Achiever wants to be successful and admired, and fears failure.
- The Individualist wants to be unique and fears being flawed.
Head Types are intellectual:
- The Investigator likes to focus on knowledge, and fears overwhelm.
- The Skeptic likes to feel safe and fears being unprepared.
- The Enthusiast thinks life is for fun and adventure and fears emotional pain, so stays busy.
Body types tend to thrive on instinct:
- The Challenger likes to feel powerful and fears no control.
- The Peacemaker likes to go with the flow and fears being in control.
- The Perfectionist likes following rules and doing things right and fears imperfection.
Take the free The Enneagram Personality Test to discover the type who are, and how to make your life thrive!