Greener Luggage & Passport Holders
Greener luggage & passport holders are good for getting around, as lot of items are made from plastic or leather, especially passport holders. This apple leather passport holder is made from waste of the apple harvest. It’s not totally biodegradable but less polluting than real leather and of course is kind to animals. Look out for the new greener plant-based leather Mirum that is coming onto the market. It holds a passport, boarding pass and two travel cards.
- This reclaimed firehose luggage tag is made from de-commissioned firehose that was in active service for up to 30 years, and never loses its strength. Handmade, this robust luggage tag is perfect to add a tough of individual character to your existing luggage. 50% of all profits from sales, go to charities that help our firefighters (present and retired).
- Lorton & Horn Travel Wallet is made from Microfiber leather, and holds a passport, iPhone, coins and keys. There’s a secure zip for notes, and tab for sunglasses or charging cable.
- Samsonite offers recycled plastic luggage, with cork handles.
- PHOENX makes luggage from recycled plastic and fishing line, and the carry-on bag/clothes protector are from recycled materials.
- Phoenix Instinct offers wheelchair-friendly luggage. It moves in each direction, even up and down curbs.
- Donate unwanted luggage to Welsh charity Bags of Hope, which helps children move home with dignity.