A Balanced Life is a beautiful daily handbook to awaken your body and soul, to achieve emotional clarity, energy and enhanced wellbeing. Each of our 7 chakras is associated with elements like foods, essential oils, affirmations, mandala symbols, senses, seasons, parts of the body and yoga poses. Kimberly Parsons guides you down the path to better energy. If you’ve lost your way, dip into this book and find how to find physical and emotional harmony. DNA from ancestors and life events can affect us.
The root chakra is like the roots of a tree – without that being balanced, everything else goes haywire. There is no point being ‘enlightened’, if you fall over in the wind! People who have lost a parent in childhood (through death, divorce, abandonment), move around a lot, lose relatives and friends through various issues or lose their job, money or physical health – all tend to have root chakra imbalances. So take care of this one first, then work your way up!
There are lots more chakras but the main ones are:
- Root Chakra. This is located at the base of the spine and rules everything to ground you (physical health, home, family, money, feet etc). You can’t be ‘spiritual’ when you are worrying about how to pay the bills. So sort this part of life out first. Tips include eating grounding foods (root vegetables are good). It’s a kind of myth about the colours, as years ago, there were no colours associated with chakras. So don’t worry too much about eating ‘red foods’, but do eat grounding foods (beets over lettuce!) Listen to ‘grounding music’ (soft jazz, gentle drums etc) and try to stay put in one place for a while, to follow a routine and earn a living to keep you feeling safe.
- Sacral Chakra. This is located near the sexual organs, and is more to do with having a bit of self-care and self-love and how you relate to others (from romantic to friendship to family). The best way to heal this chakra is to take up hobbies you love – if you’ve always wanted to paint or cook or hike, then do it. Don’t wait until your next life!
- Solar Plexus. This is where you get ‘butterflies in the stomach’. This is the one that people who get bullied or don’t set boundaries get problems, and also those who don’t know how to take back their person power. Develop a sense of self-worth by setting healthy boundaries and take some time to look after yourself, both mentally and physically.
- Heart Chakra. If this one is bad, then it’s likely you have not forgiven people who’ve wronged you or others. Just like someone once said, not forgiving someone is like ‘drinking poison and expecting the other person to die!’ Forgiveness is ultimately a selfish act, as it allows you to move on. Let karma take care of whoever did what to you, and focus on healing this chakra, to lead a better life.
- Throat Chakra. This is one to heal, if you feel that you can never speak up for yourself. If people shoot you down or don’t let you speak your truth, then move on and find better friends.
- Third Eye Chakra. This is when people think it’s a bit weird, with people staring at the spot between their eyebrows to develop intuition. You can develop this just as well by doing things that inspire you – from playing with animals, pottering in the garden, or sailing on a boat. Get back to nature and be yourself, turn off the TV and reconnect with who you really are.
- Crown Chakra. Most people in this lifetime don’t reach this stage. And those that say they do, be wary of some of them (many ‘gurus’ of recent years have been found to be abusing their charges). Jesus, Buddha and a few others reached this stage. So aim for it – but it’s unlikely most of us will reach it in one lifetime!