Learn About All the Animals!
Extraordinary Animal Friendships
These extraordinary animal friendships will finally put a nail in the coffin, of anyone who believes that animals are not sentient beings. The tales are quite amazing – from familiar ones that most of us already know (the bird that cleans the crocodile’s teeth), to less familiar.
Amazing Animal Friendships is a book for younger readers, exploring the wonderful relationships between sharks and ‘cleaner fish, to zebras and birds. Also learn of friendships between hippos and fish, bees and plants, antelopes and baboons, ants and aphids and honey badgers with honey guides!
Other Books on Animal Friendship
- Can We Be Friends? is another book for children, exploring animal friendships around the world. They will meet true duos and learn their stories: Mzee the tortoise and Owen the hippo, Koko the gorilla and her kittens, Kumbali the cheetah and Kago the dog. Plus Ben the dog who is friends with Duggie the wild dolphin in Ireland
- Made for Each Other is a beautifully illustration collection of animals who have learned to adapt and co-exist in the wild. With stunning art to capture these astonishing moments in the wild, learn of the monarch butterfly that only exists on one type of plant, and the majestic bobtail squid that acquires its illuminating glow from bacteria, that live on its skin.
- Animal BFFS is by popular English artist Sophie Corrigan. The animal kingdom is full of odd couples: the rhino and African Oxpecker, the coyote and badger, and the crocodile and his plover bird friend. Discover how creatures get through the day, with a little help of their friends. Includes lots of funny facts about animals.
Wonderful Books about Weird Creatures
These wonderful books about weird creatures are a great introduction to the species with which we share our planet. Find unconventional beauty in some of the world’s whackiest creatures! Children will find these books far more interesting than another computer game.
A Curious Collection of Peculiar Creatures is an introduction to wonderfully strange beasts, with facts on conservation, diet, quirks and habitat. Meet:
- The Bornean orangutan (whose immense cheek pads give a ‘dinner plate’ face)
- The red-lipped batfish is a terrible swimmer (with leg-shaped fins better for walking on the sea floor)
- The mysterious goblin shark (rarely seen by humans) with a long snout and terrifying flexible jaw to snatch its prey. The Amazon river dolphins
- The monkey slug caterpillar
- The star-nose mole
- The black rain frog
Who Are You Calling Weird? is a celebration of weird and wonderful animals. And downright bizarre. This marvellous book will instil a love of all creatures for both children and yourself. In this book you’ll meet:
- The pink wiggly appendage of a star-nosed mole
- The three-toed sloth with his green fur
- The long, skeletal finger of an aye-aye (to locate insects in trees)
- The barrel-shaped eyes of a fish that turns upward to see prey through its transparent head
- The big bulbous nose of a monkey (to attract a mate)
- The armour-like scales of a pangolin (so tough that even lions and tigers can’t bite through them).
- A smelly bird that climbs trees with claws
- A roly-poly scaly creature
- A duck-billed egg-laying critter
If you are interested in Reiki to help humans, why not use it to help animal friends too? Animals (mostly) respond better, as they don’t have religious hang-ups and ‘it’s all a load of rubbish’ mentality that some two-legged people do! Animals communicate by feeling, so they have a head start (a few don’t like it, but will let you know).
The world leader in animal Reiki is Kathleen Prasad. Her book Animal Reiki is the gold standard book to read. Her 21-Day Animal Reiki Challenge helps you discover untapped potential that animals can awaken within you, to open your heart and mind to loving-kindness, extraordinary bliss and a balanced life. With the inspiration of 21 different animals, the wisdom of Reiki Precepts and the healing power of affirmations, you can:
- Release anger
- Let go of worries & fears
- Develop humility
- Find gratitude in each moment
- Listen to your inner wisdom
- Expand compassion
This book can bring you and your animal friends balance, to heal & transform. Watch Kathleen completely settle a shelter of barking animals using Reiki meditation, in just 40 minutes.
About the Author
Kathleen Prasad is founder of Animal Reiki Rsource and president of Shelter Animal Reiki Association. A practitioner for 20 years, she teaches and shares healing benefits of Reiki meditation for animals and caregivers. Her teachings are based on traditional Japanese techniques, and thousands of hours of experience in the field.
Animal Reiki for Vets
Vets on Animal Reiki is written by someone else, but Kathleen writes the foreword – for forward-thinking vets! This ground-breaking book helps support vets in their quest to heal patients, by offering this harmless add-on, to bridge the gap between Animal Reiki and scientific understanding of vets. Including powerful testimonials from vets who have used the practice, the book shows that there is an ethical and seamless way to incorporate holistic support, without interfering with traditional protocols.
Being a Licensed Veterinary Technician and Reiki 2 practitioner, I have incorporated Reiki into my work with animals, and seen great results. The book provided a lot of good information, and gave me good ideas of how to explain Reiki in ways that clients can understand. Reiki is used in so many human & animal hospitals (and animal shelters) for the greatest good! Andrea
These books to learn about animal emotions, go a long way to improving animal welfare. Once legislators and farmers and vivisectionists know that sheep aren’t stupid, cows and bulls grieve, chickens can remember the names of up to 25 people and our pets know when we are sad or grief-stricken, it’s obvious they are sentient beings.
- Wild Rituals is a book on 10 lessons animals can teach us to make us more connected to nature, ourselves and each other. Behavioural ecologist and elephant expert Caitlin O’Connell dives into the rituals of elephants, apes, zebras, rhinos, lions, whales and flamingos.
- The Inner Life of Animals meets devoted pigs, two-timing magpies and scheming roosters! Blending scientific research with Peter’s experiences in forests and fields, learn how horses feel shame, deer grieve, goats discipline their kids, ravens call their friends by name, rats regret bad choices and butterflies choose best places for children to grow up!
- We All Play is a joyous celebration of animal play. This sweetly simply picture book with gorgeous illustrations offers a joyful romp through nature, with an abundance of wild animals. A beautiful ode to the creatures with whom we share our world: meet birds who chase and chirp, and whales who swim and squirt. Ducks love to go surfing, rats laugh when tickled, and penguins propose with pebbles!
- What a Fish Knows is by scientist Jonathan Balcombe, who proves that fish have feelings. It’s not true that goldfish have a 3-second memory. Fish can think and are far from the unfeeling, dead-eyed feeding machines so many of us assume them to be. They are, in fact, sentient, aware, social and rather like us.