These smoothies to make you beautiful go one step further. All smoothies are good for your hair, skin and nails. But these include ingredients specifically to make your skin and hair glow.
Smoothie for Clear Skin (Simple Vegan Blog) is a simple blend of water, mango, pomegranate, raspberries and flax seeds. Of course the main benefit to your skin for smoothies is that they add in water, but this adds in nutrients from lots of fruit, and flax seeds for essential fatty acids. Also try Iosune’s Glowing Skin Smoothie (raspberries, bananas, flax seeds) and Glowing Skin Juice (beetroot, oranges, carrots, apples, cucumber and celery).
Check medications for foods to avoid (green leaves, grapefruit). Use pasteurised juice if pregnant/nursing or ill (avoid papaya/melon in pregnancy/nursing as may have unsafe bacteria) Everyone should remove fruit seeds (cyanide!) and rhubarb leaves.
- Wash hands for 20 seconds with soap/warm water
- Cut away bruised/damaged areas
- Remove outer leaves of lettuce or cabbage
- Rinse produce before you peel
- Gently run produce under cold running water
- Use a clean veggie brush to scrub firm items
- Dry with reusable paper towel
- Store perishable produce at/below 40 degrees in fridge.