These one-pot ready meals are ideal if you don’t fancy cooking and can’t afford gourmet tray meals. Just heat and eat. It’s not always good to live on ready-meals, but if you don’t live near good shops or aren’t feeling too tickety-boo yourself, these at least blend vegetables, protein and wholegrains into nutritious and tasty meals, that are also quite affordable. Recycle the packaging with household waste.
Soulful One Pot Vegan Ready Meals
Soulful One Pot Vegan Meals are ideal to have in the fridge for up to 4 days (you can freeze them too) if you are tired or busy or a carer or a vegan with not much time or money. All these plant-based meals are complete in themselves, a blend of vegetables, proteins and grains. Prepared by chefs, these meals are superb, and you can buy gift cards, ideal for the plant lover in your life. 10% off your first order. There are also student discounts and reward points available (to redeem against future orders). Delivery is free on orders over £34.99 (and selection boxes) or choose £5 delivery for smaller orders.
You can heat them up on the hob or in the oven (or microwave if you use one). They are also fairly cheap (around £3 a meal) so a good affordable option, if you can’t afford to order home-delivered gourmet vegan meals, or don’t live near shops that sell good alternative options. You can order Variety Boxes, swap delivery days to suit. If freezing, the OnePots and SuperSoups should be thawed in the fridge and cooked from chilled (or frozen), and just adjust the timings. The RealMeals can be cooked from frozen.
A little bugbear for vegans is that the pots are sent in insulation made from either sheep’s wool or recycled denim. However, you can return the packaging to be used again, so at least it gets reused each time, rather than keep buying new. Wholesale orders are welcome, to sell in shops.
- Butternut, Lentil & Spinach Hot Pot
- Brazilian Tomato & Black Bean
- Tempeh Katsu with Peppers, Corn & Rice
- Tikka Masala with Sweet Potato, Cauliflower & Brown Rice
- Moroccan Seitan Tagine with British Spelt
- Cajun Spiced Jackfruit with British Spelt
- Thai Green Jackfruit Curry with Brown Rice
- Thai Red Vegetable Curry with Brown Rice
- Persial Tomato, Lentil & Chickpea with Cauliflower
- Pulled Jackfruit Smoky BBQ Chilli with Corn & Beans
- North Indian Red Lentil Vegetable Dhal
- Chestnut Mushroom Stroganoff
- West African Peanut Chickpea with Red Rice
- Sri Lankan Cauliflower & Kale with Quinoa
- Mexican Bean & Sweet Potato with Quinoa
- Sweet Potato, Coconut & Coriander
- Thai Chilli with Edamame, Peas & Quinoa
- Butternut, Lentil & Spinach
Soulful Meal Trays
- Thai Green Jackfruit Curry with Edamame & Kale
- Butternut Mac with Kale & Seeds
- Piri Piri Tofu Jambalaya with Jalapeno
- Marinara Seitan Balls with Spaghetti & Fresh Spinach
Tideford Organic Protein Soups
Tideford Organics is an interesting company, as it used to make meals with animal foods, but decided to completely revamp and is now completely plant-based. Most of the soups therefore have proper protein and calcium in them. Served with bread, they make nice ‘pot meals’. Made in Devon from organic ingredients, range includes:
- Spicy Bean & Butternut Soup
- Spicy Jerk Jackfruit Soup
- Moroccan Spiced Chickpea Soup
- Lentil Spinach Dhal Soup
- Tomato Butterbean Soup
- Sweet Potato, Lentil & Quinoa Soup
- Spiced Parsnip Soup (a find, as this one has no milk or cream and also contains protein with lentils and quinoa). It’s almost impossible to find good plant-based parsnip soup in shops, and it’s everyone’s favourite!