Rather than always buying ready-made chocolate treats, why not try these books to make your own wicked chocolate treats? Buy Fair Trade chocolate/cocoa to help farmers who grow the beans.
Avoid caffeine for pregnancy/nursing. Keep chocolate away from pets along with other unsafe ingredients (citrus, nuts, coffee, nutmeg). Read food safety for people & pets.
Vegan Chocolate Treats is a nice little book by a former Harvard-educated economist who switched careers and now offers healthy baked treats for everyone. The recipes in this book are no-fuss and use easy-to-find ingredients. Recipes include:
- White chocolate raspberry blondies
- Death by chocolate cupcakes
- Pistachio chocolate fudge flapjacks
- Walnut whips
Vegan Chocolate Treats offers a wonderful selection of 60 plant-based recipes to satisfy your inner chocoholic. Bring a little (or lot!) of chocolate goodness to your day, from morning to afternoon pick-me-ups to over-the-top desserts.
From brownies and bars to cookies, cakes and candies, recipes include:
- Chocolate walnut cake
- Chocolate hazelnut (nutella) stuffed French toast
- Soft & chew choc chip cookies
- Blueberry chocolate energy bites
- Salted caramel chocolate truffles
- Secret chocolate courgette bread
- Triple chocolate hand pies
- Chocolate ice cream
- Death by chocolate blackout cake
There’s nobody better to venture into the dreamy world of vegan chocolate treats. Julia Koban Trigo
Check out Ciarra’s recipe for homemade healthy Twix bars. Ciarra Miller is the founder of a popular recipe blog, her recipes and photos featured widely in the media. She lives in Georgia, USA.