The Best Vegan Meal Delivery Companies
The best vegan meal delivery companies can send ready-made food to your door. It’s always good to make food from scratch and use local ingredients. But it’s not always possible. You may be feeling poorly or caring for someone. You may be too busy to cook, or you may live in a ‘food desert’, where there are no good local food shops.
Free yourself from inferior ready-meal land, and subscribe to one of these companies. All are easy to cancel, if you just need to use them for a few weeks. And all use real ingredients to make nice healthy meals, prepared by chefs with lots of variety. They obviously work out more expensive than cooking from scratch, but not really any more than conventional ready-meals. And you can always eat half one day and fill up with spuds and veggies, and then heat up the rest the next day, to bring it in line with the price of cheaper ready-meals.
Keep these meals away from pets, they are not real meat and contain pet-toxic ingredients like onions, garlics and mushrooms. Recycle plastic packaging in supermarket bins (store dry ice in ventilated areas away from pets & children, until recycled or disposed of).
Most of these meals send in eco packaging, be careful if you don’t want to use them, as a few companies that send out, use wool packaging to insulate. They say there are no alternatives but there are (like recycled denim), so ask before you buy. Most of these companies however are fine.
Allplants frozen meal delivery service offers boxes of 6 meals (choose from over 30) meals including Traditional (mac & greens, hearty roots stew, Shepherd’s Pie), Europe (Lasagne, Risotto, Goulash, Stroganoff) and Spicy (Thai Curry, Chilli, Szechuan Noodles, Satay, Korma, Burrito). The company also offers a Festive Roast with 7 sharing sides (roast spuds & veggies, truffle cauliflower cheese and cranberry sauce) plus puds (tiramisu cheesecake and banoffee pudding). You use the pre-paid envelope to send back packaging via nearest CollectPlus.
Planty lets you choose 6, 8 or 1meals from nutritionist-approved menus. All packaging is easy to recycle. The range includes Mac ‘No’ Cheese, Banana Blossom Burrito, Shepherd-Less Pie, Red Thai Sweet Potato Curry and Garden Pea & Mint Risotto.
Pep Kitchen offers vegan meals to your door, from chefs who trained at Leith’s. Sent in compostable packaging with denim liners, and you can send back anything else freepost for them to reuse. Just heat in 10 minutes, and eat. Includes meals for one, dishes for two and meal kit bundles for extra savings. you can even order their Peckham sauce!
The Brook offers home delivery of its popular restaurant meals. Try Jackfruit Rendang, Lime & Coconut Dal, Seafood Stew, Mac & Cheese, Mushroom Bolognese, Black Bean Chilli, Sticky Toffee Pudding and Double Chocolate Brownies.
More Plant-Based Meal Delivery
- Food Me delivers with local fair trade ingredients. It started at as a Manchester pop-up and indie shop and now is a business offering compostable or easy to recycle packaging and they also upcycle all tins and containers. Kay’s most recent role is prepping for a premier league footballer.
- Vibrant Vegan again offer a choice of 6 meals: choose from gluten-free, protein power, low-cal, chef’s choice or slow burner. The trays are made from sugar cane and you can recycle the film.
- COOK meals are sold in many farm shops. Their range is expanding all the time, now includes lasagne al forno, shepherdless pie, mushroom bolognese, beet bourguignon, summer pudding and a rather nice-looking raspberry & pistachio torterange .
- Plantifull Food Co was founded by a couple to make healthy eating easy. Range includes mushroom risotto and mac & cheese.
- Eight Seasons offers organic recipe boxes, with add-on fruit and vegan essentials. Example meals are Lentil Moussaka, Butterbean Gnocchi and Miso Ratatouille.
- Check your local area, as many regional companies deliver plant-based foods. Bristol’s Gourmet Vegan Catering delivers food from chefs. DabbaDro (London) offers Indian delivered meals.
- Green Label Kitchen (Dorset) offers freshly cooked meals delivered in the Bournemouth area, for a rate of £5 per meal. Menu includes a cheese burger taco kit, penne lentil bolognese with garlic rosemary flat bread, broccoli and cheese rice bake with rocket and watercress Waldorf salad, and a Sunday roast of herb-crusted ‘roast lamb’, fresh mint sauce, rosemary roast spuds, cabbage with garlic ‘butter, roasted carrots, peas and ‘bacon’.
- Root Kitchen offers homemade meals to your door, meals include Tikka Masala & Rice, Butternut Squash Lasagne, Korean-style Tofu Noodles, Moussaka, Szechuan Aubergine Noodles, Thai Red Curry, Vegetable Shepherd’s Pie, Vegetable Jalfrezi & Rice, Aubergine Al Forno and Mediterranean Vegetable Pasta.