Beautiful blog themes abound online, and it’s good to choose one, as most readers make up their minds within a few seconds whether your site is worth visiting. And like it or not, if it’s ugly and uninspiring, people won’t be back. It can be really difficult to find the right theme, because often you buy one that looks like the demo, then find it does not work with your particular site, logo etc.
Code + Coconut offers lovely themes that are simple, unique and affordable, with readable fonts and easy set-up. If you don’t have Genesis framework, you can get a discount at this site, when ordering. The more recent themes work with WooCommerce (to set up a free online shop).
Pix & Hue offers gorgeous themes, some of the top best-sellers at Creative Market. You can customise the wave graphic with photo-editing software, and there is a really pretty visual index for categories and a feminine, fun style. These themes run on Elementor, rather than Genesis.
Little Theme Shop offers lovely fun designs that are simple to use. Very different too from the usual pale and often quite drab themes that abound.
- Bluchic are a bit more pricey (no Genesis needed). The older themes tend to be pastel-pretty, and more recent ones are more geared to towards those offering professional online shops or services. The ChicWell theme is a lovely lifestyle template that could work for any niche, with an online shop option.
- StudioMommy offers nice budget themes and beautiful premium themes, you need Genesis for these to work. The more recent ones (like Carpe Diem) are really nice, with visual indexes.
- 17th Avenue Designs offers again nice simple and premium themes. They are easy to customise and feature built-in related posts, so you don’t need to install a plugin.
- Beautiful Dawn again offers pretty and unique themes. These don’t need Genesis and you can buy a value bundle of all the themes. The site also offers a free theme, and oodles of info for blogging success.
- Gillian Sarah offers themes for WordPress and Show It (popular with photographers). This Scottish designer has unique designs.
- Bites to Brand offers a nice little range of themes, you can get installing and they also offer affordable premade logos to brand your site.
- Sky & Stars offers affordable pretty themes for people on a budget. The latter includes templates for Blogger, if used.
- Restored 316 offers premium themes again run on Genesis network (you can buy a Shimmer Pass bundle, but it renews each year unless you cancel). The latest themes run on Kadence network, and are very nice (take a look at June and Sage).