film star Betty Grable’s legs were insured for $1 million!
Hosiery (tights and stockings) are not the most sustainable brand of clothing. But if you use them, there are better brands on the market. We can’t find 100% organic natural materials, but at least these are better. Just wash them in a microplastic catcher.
You can get together as a community and order a one-off TerraCycle Fabric & Clothing Box. Fill it up with all your hard-to-recycle clothing like tights and stockings, and it gets shipped off (prepaid) to make into other things. You can also include textiles and fabrics
- Eczema Clothing DO sell 100% organic cotton tights, but they’re for children, so good if you’re small!
- Hedoine offers more sustainable stockings, and ladder-free tights. Sold in recycled paper packaging, you can send back old tights (any brand) for recycling.
- Swedish Stockings are made from recycled materials. Again, send back your old tights for discounts on new ones.
- Seasalt Cornwall offers grey and muted partly organic tights.
- Greenfibres offers partly organic tights for adults.
- Ecooutfitters offers black, white or grey knitted tights.