Would you like to learn how to cook online? Long before COVID, people were learning to cook online anyway. And now with money tight for many, online classes are just as good if you don’t live near a good class. Also below are listed some in-person cooking classes, should you wish to attend something more in person, if you live near a suitable class.
Global Vegan Cooking Classes
Veecoco is a fairly new company founded by two brothers, which offers fantastic online classes, by top chefs in their specialist niches. Join up and get access to a whopping 600 classes across 18 courses. From main meals to desserts, and raw food to ethnic (Japanese, Indian, Italian), it’s all here. You even get certificates when you’ve finished a course, and new lessons are released regularly. This is a really well-run community (German, it should be!) with an in-built site to ask questions with other members. You can also download all the course materials to your laptop, if wished. Try it for 7 days, no credit card required.
Brownble offers wonderful online classes from a chef (the meals are prepared in collaboration with her doctor husband, so you know they’re healthy). There’s a course on how to go vegan, plus specialist courses like making vegan cheese, breakfast and brunch and super-bundles to cover everything. A part of all proceeds goes to animal friends who need help the most.
Vegan Cooking Classes (UK & Ireland)
- Happy Pear Courses are offered by Stephen and David, the twin brothers who have taken Ireland and the world by storm with their cookbooks, grocery products, You Tube videos and courses. There’s the original vegan cooking course, plus healthy cooking courses for your tummy, heart, skin and mind. Why not join 30,000 other students, to find out what the fuss is about?
- The Vegan Chef School offers online courses for a vegan chef diploma. In just 12 to 26 weeks, budding chefs can take this online (or in-person course in London) to be ready to take that top cooking job. There’s also a vegan nutrition diploma that is ideal for healthy chefs and more from chef Day Radley. You can also join her weekly for free live cooking classes, and treat yourself to her cookbook, which donates profits to sick and disabled benefits around the world. Day also works with community kitchen Made in Hackney where you can find live classes like cooking with ackee (a Caribbean vegetable that can replace egg), Vegan Indian street food and Gujarati cuisine masterclass.
- Vegetarian Society is very vegan-friendly and offers top-notch online cooking classes. The Essential Vegan costs just £50 and includes cook-as-you-watch lessons from expert tutors to make butternut squash lasagne, aquafaba meringues and sweet potato falafels. Complete the quiz at the end to get your certificates, and download lots of goodies including meal prep guides, recipe sheets and a vegan nutrition guide. You can also download top-up videos to make vegan mayo and vegan bacon.
- Leith’s is one of the world’s top cookery schools and now offers plant-based classes. The Essential Vegan cooks alongside their expert chefs to enjoy meals (with wine) including butternut squash tortellini with vegan mayo dressing, baked apple crumble with coconut yoghurt, Nori & Tofu ‘fish and chips’ with straw fries and vegan tartare sauce and strawberries with raspberry sugar and coconut yoghurt crumble.
- Our Lizzy (Malvern Hills) offers in-person cooking classes by a trained chef, and you can even stay at a B & B too. From an Italian Summer to Middle Eastern cuisine to vegan baking, choose what suits you best.
- Vegan Gastronomy offers one of the world’s leading vegan courses, with a 1-year graduate program. There are online courses for cooking or baking, that take around 6 weeks to earn a certificate. You can then use this on your CV to pursue employment.
- Demuths (in-person, Bath) offers lessons from top chefs, the founder used to run the gourmet restaurant next door. Serious chefs can take their diploma that is recognised by restaurants worldwide, and everyone else can treat themselves to short courses. From Sunday Brunch to Ethiopian cuisine, there is quite the variety here.
US Vegan Cookery Courses
- Food Future Institute was founded by top raw chef Matthew Kenney. Ideal for professional chefs, these courses range from a foundation course to course from home that anyone can enjoy, interacting with tutors throughout, while learning to make 100 recipes.
- Forks Over Knives offers an extra-healthy online cooking class, no oil is used. Top chefs show you how to prepare delicious meals that not only save animals and the planet, but can also help to reverse heart disease, diabetes and in some cases, other serious illness like cancer. The 90-day course includes 100 recipes by world-renowned chefs and educators.
- Wicked Healthy is an online course by vegan brothers Chad and Derek Sarno. These kid-friendly classes are not just educational featuring video classes from their own kitchens, but they are FREE!