Handmade soaps come in all shapes and sizes. But the bugbear is that because they are rich in glycerine (so better for your skin), this means they go squishy easily, and have to be used with a slatted soap dish. Soaps on ropes let gravity do the work for you. After use, just hang up in the shower, and let them dry out naturally. All these soaps are vegan and free from palm oil, and sold with rope, to hang in the shower after use.
Avoid essential oils for pregnancy/nursing and medical conditions like epilepsy, asthma and high blood pressure. Avoid shea butter for latex allergies.
Soap Daze (UK) makes nice soaps on ropes, handmade with ingredients from the founder’s Devon garden. These contains plants, essential oils, herbs and spices. The useful waxed cotton rope can be left in the shower, after use.
- Oatmylk (unscented) for sensitive skin and also good for eczema, psoriasis, rosacea and acne.
- Black pepper, ginger, turmeric has a warm spicy aroma, good for acne
- Lemongrass & patchouli is a natural hand sanitiser
- Cedarwood & grapefruit has a warm, earthy and revitalising scent
- Lavender & orange is very calming, with uplifting oils
- Lemon & lime is good for a refreshing early morning shower.
- Coffee & raw cocoa is good for morning showers
Kleen Soap (UK) is a Kent company that believes in taking a natural and planet-kind approach to skincare. The founder wanted a seemingly simple requirement of natural soap, on a rope.
The soap is cold-processed and uses quality natural ingredients, handmade in small batches, and cured for a minimum of six weeks. This give a long-lasting bar with a beautiful creamy lather. The soaps are packed in recycled non-bleached kraft paper, that can be recycled at end of life.